About three years ago, I found out I was pregnant... and with a boy. I was worried a bit. I really didn't know what to think about it. I guess you can say that even though I had always said that I wanted one of each, a girl and a boy... that I really was hoping that I was pregnant with another girl. For three years before that, little girls were all I knew and I loved having the frilly pink things all around me. I loved having the bows and dresses to doll up my little girl. When I thought of little boys, I thought of mess, mud, dirt... BUGS! It freaked me out. All my friends assured me that there was something special about little boys and I would love having one. They couldn't describe it but would tell me that having a little boy was really special. That yes, even though they are messy and sometimes a bit of a handful, that little boys really do love their momma and can be so sweet and gentle.
Oh my goodness, they were right!!!! When Micah was born, I was smitten!
Just 11 months later, I found out that baby #3 was on its way, and we soon found out later that it was another boy. I was nervous again of having 2 boys in my house, double the mess and double the bugs... but I am finding out now how much I am loving it. I now have 2 little boys (and a little girl) who love their momma and I am in heaven. Yes, sometimes I am overwhelmed, but at the end of the day and they are all snug in their beds, I remind myself how blessed I am.
My Ky, oh how I love him so. Ky is growing up quickly:
- Last night I realized how much he is trying to pull up to stand.
- Gives great kisses.
- Can say Momma... but wont unless I ask him to.
- Can ask for "more"... but wont unless I get onto him because he is screaming for "more"
- Has slept through the night for a while now... but is a VERY light sleeper. I check on him every night and it wakes him up and he gets really angry.
- Loves to play with his brother and sister in the bedroom.
- Has never taken a pacifier and is just fine with that.
- Within the past couple of days have started babbling a bit more. Ky is a "strong, silent type"
- LOVEs the bathtub and pool. He's a water baby!
- He loves food... but is a bit pickier than his brother and sister were at this age.
- Loves food so much that you cant seem to feed him fast enough. He gets angry if we aren't fast enough. (We are working on the screaming in between bites.)
- Ky is my first baby that actually will lay his head on my shoulder when I'm holding him.
Ky - I love you so much.
Happy Birthday to you!