This is more the look of two cute girls who "aren't up to something"...hehe
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
This is more the look of two cute girls who "aren't up to something"...hehe
Posted by ChrissyK at 6:59 AM
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Posted by ChrissyK at 9:37 AM
Micah's room, view from the bedroom door.
Bottom shelf: this shelf contains the books we have for Micah. A radio/cd player and a picture frame, ready for Micah's picture. Notice the two baseballs...the bigger one on the left is a bank from Hobby Lobby...LOVE that place. The smaller baseball is a SIGNED baseball from everyone on the team in 1980 something. :) Actually, it is a signed ball from Daniel's baseball team when he was a little boy...love it. :)
So here is his room...we are ready and waiting for you Micah. :)
Posted by ChrissyK at 9:08 AM
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Posted by ChrissyK at 11:07 AM
Posted by ChrissyK at 11:04 AM
Monday, December 15, 2008
Ok, I know I have slacked a bit with the pictures...but here is one that is updated...me on Sunday, December 14...I am 35 1/2 weeks along. I measured my belly and I measure at 43 inches. I grew an inch in a week...yikes! Let's just say that "it is ALL belly."
Posted by ChrissyK at 5:59 PM
Caitlyn and daddy are working on building a gingerbread house this year. Here are the first few steps. They haven't finished it yet...so more pics to come soon.
I love the look on caitlyn's face..."daddy, can you go any faster???" (It almost looks like she is drumming her fingers)
Posted by ChrissyK at 5:55 PM
Ok, everyones got them...here is ours. Our snow pictures. :) Lately Caitlyn has been watching some Christmas movies and seeing snow...of course she then tells us, "I've never seen snow before." Well, now I guess she cant say that any more. Well, at least she HAS seen TEXAS snow. Well she had a great time. BUT...who had more fun with the snow...see if you can tell from these pics.
Posted by ChrissyK at 5:45 PM
A couple of Mondays, Guys Night's ago Daniel came home with a present that one of his friends brought for Micah. He handed me the gift bag to open, the gift bag I should have taken a picture of, but anyways it had a beautiful scenery pic and a couple of deer on it. Already not something that I would imagine putting a baby gift in. I giggled at the gift bag and Daniel said, just you wait til you open it, with a huge grin on hs face. I opened the gift bag and this is what I saw:
Daniel then exclaimed, It's REAL camo. Micah will actually be able to wear REAL camo. Oh, if you were able to see the look on daniels face and how proud he was. I just giggled and laughed. The gift was / is a wonderful gift and I dont know what I was more proud of... The fact that Daniel is getting his chance to "dress up" his son the way a boy should dress, or that he has made some wonderful friends that truly know Daniel and what makes him smile.
Check out this bottle, it says Junior Member. :)
Posted by ChrissyK at 5:29 PM
Ok, this picture was taken at the beginning of December. Christmas is on its way. Here is a picture of Caitlyn having her FIRST Hot chocolate. she LOVED it.
Another hot chocolate picture...but this one she is eating the marshmellows out of it.
Posted by ChrissyK at 5:16 PM
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Ok, I have a couple of cute stories about Caitlyn watching Cinderella for the first time today. I know we are a bit behind, but anyways.
Posted by ChrissyK at 7:31 PM
Ok, so I had my visit with my new doctor yesterday and all I have to say is...I was very pleased. My expectations and hope for a good doctor was met and exceeded. Not only was I pleased with my new doctor...which I am glad to finally be at peace with. :) But the staff was wonderful as well. Very hospitable to me and Caitlyn. So all is well. When I went in at 34 weeks and 2 days...my tummy measured at 35 weeks. So this is either a big baby...or we are ahead one week. I am getting more and more excited to see Micah join us. I know that Caitlyn is excited as well. And I am sure that you all can guess how excited Daniel is that his son will be joining us soon. But I have mixed feelings...with this being my possible last pregnancy...I dont want to wish this along too fast. I am enjoying the kicks and squirms that I feel inside. So Micah we are ready to see you...but you can still take some time getting here. :)
Posted by ChrissyK at 8:20 AM
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Ok, so now I am at 34 weeks and counting. I am still feeling alright. So far I have been lucky to not see or get any new stretch marks. Well I think that is over now. Micah is growing pretty much only in the front...like a watermelon. SO...the stretch marks are starting to appear. Yuck. So...I coat my tummy in some cocoa butter and also that stretch mark cream. I guess you cant have too much of that stuff on. :) The marks are gonna come no matter what, sheesh. I guess stretch marks are for women who dont have cameras or memory books to show and remind them that they were once pregnant. So the marks are there for us to remember how big we were. Right???? Well, unfortunatly a little over a week ago my ob/gyn passed away. A tragic thing to happen because she was 38 and left behind a husband and 2 year old twins. Very sad. Once that had happened we decided to change doctors instead of being passed to one of her co workers. We chose to go to Dr. Jon Rawson. I have heard how great he is and that he has a wonderful bedside manor. We, Daniel and I also took in consideration that since we are friends with him and his family that for mine and Micahs safety...he would be best to go to. So that is the decision we made. I have my first appointment tomorrow at 12:15. We will see what they say. I am interested in if they are just gonna pick up where my previous doctor left off and keep the due date the same, or if they are gonna re examine me and change the date. So, we will see and I'll keep you posted.
Posted by ChrissyK at 12:54 PM
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Posted by ChrissyK at 12:31 PM
Here are pictures of my little angel. :) this one is of Caitlyn going down the slide BACKWARDS while being chased by a BOY!!! Oh my goodness it has started early!!!
Hanging out with Penny at the Park!!!
Posted by ChrissyK at 9:27 AM
Posted by ChrissyK at 8:57 AM
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Ok, just realizing that it has been a while since I last posted...I hate not being able to download pics from this computer. I really could be all up to date...but I guess I am not.
Posted by ChrissyK at 8:46 AM
Monday, November 17, 2008
Welcome to the 2008 edition of getting to know your Friends.
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Batman The Dark Knight
4. What is your favorite TV show? ??? I enjoy Heros
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? I like waffles.
6. What is your middle name? Kaye
7. What food do you dislike? I really dont care for Roast with the cooked carrots and potatoes in it...I'll eat it...but will never make it.
8. What is your favorite CD at moment? I actually prefer to listen to the radio instead of listening to the same person sing song after another.
9. What kind of car do you drive? Ford Escape
10. Favorite sandwich? I had a "Wreck" at Potbellys for the first time last night and I REALLY enjoyed it.
11. What characteristic do you despise? Extremely pushy people who cannot see that they are stepping on the people that they are wanting help from.
12. Favorite item of clothing? Anything new. :)
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? To a carribean place.
14. Favorite brand of clothing? I like Ann Taylor Loft and White House BLack Market, but really...I am not a brand person. I like to see if I can find something cute for a GREAT price...that is what I like to wear.
15. Where would you retire? Dont think we are retiring anytime soon.
16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? My 30th. It was a surprise thought of by my hubby.
17. Favorite sport to watch? Baseball
18. Farthermost place you are sending this? Just blogging...not emailing this.
19. Person you expect to send it back first????? Anyone who wants to copy and redo on their blog.
20. When is your birthday? September 13th
21. Are you a morning person or a night person? Neither these days. Too tired to stay up late at night and enjoying the sleeping in.
22. What is your shoe size? 8
23. Pets? I have a dog and a fish...but would prefer just the fish...they are easier to clean up after. Love the dog...but time for her to find a new home. Anyone want a dog???
24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? Micah joins us in a couple of months.
25. What did you want to be when you were little? A mom. :)
26. How are you today? Cold
27. What is your favorite candy? Anything Willy Wonka...Nerds, the BIG chewy Sweet tarts, Lik-m-aids. YUMMMMM.
28. What is your favorite flower? A gerber daisy...they just seem so happy
29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Wednesday, We are gonna get to see Micah in 4D. Yipee.
30. What is your full name? Christina Kaye Pratt
31. What are you listening to right now? Caitlyn telling me she has an "Ow-wie."
32. What was the last thing you ate? Cheesy Eggs and Cinnamon toast with Apple juice.
33. Do you wish on stars? Sometimes if I am in the mood. Then you have to sing the song..."When you wish upon a star..." :)
34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? red
35. How is the weather right now? Chilly
36. The first person you spoke to on the phone today? My mom
37. Favorite soft drink? I love cherry coke, regular coke, and cream soda
38. Favorite restaurant? The Grotto
39. Real hair color? ???NOt sure, I think a dark blonde.
40. What was your favorite toy as a child? I liked to play school and store. So I had all the fun stuff to go with both. That is what kept me busy.
41. Summer or winter? Both for different reasons.
42. Hugs or kisses? Hugs (kisses for and from my hubby & daughter)
43. Chocolate or Vanilla? chocolate
44. Coffee or tea? BOth. But I found out recently that I like Chai spice hot tea.
45. Do you want your friends to email you back? Only if need to, like I am waiting for a response.
46. When was the last time you cried? ???Dont remember. I did cry during one of my books that I was reading.
47. What is under your bed? Amazingly enough...Caitlyn does have a couple of toys or teddy bears that got accidently kicked underneath it. Or shoes maybe. We have tile floors so it is easy for things to slide underneath it.
48. What did you do last night? Hung out with our AMAZING college small group. Good Times.
49. What are you afraid of ? Snakes
50. Salty or sweet? PRefer sweet, but enjoy salty too.
Posted by ChrissyK at 7:38 AM
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
A friend of ours has a little girl who is a couple of years and sizes older/bigger than Caitlyn. So, lucky us, we are blessed with these little girls items that our friend has outgrown. WHAT A BLESSING! So in this "shipment," look at the shoes that caused Caitlyn's mouth to literally drop when she saw them. "There is no place like home."
Posted by ChrissyK at 8:35 AM
Ok, a friend of mine came up with a great idea to show her son's (who is joining us in December) new bedroom set in "sneek peeks." I love that idea cause the waiting to see the final project is nerve wracking...mission completed. :) So here is my attempt of Micah's Bedroom set in a couple of "sneek peeks."
Posted by ChrissyK at 8:29 AM
I had a GREAT baby shower this past Saturday. Very classy. :) Well, classy except for the diaper game...which was very fun(ny). I was not on top of my game to take tons of pictures...so I am depending on a friend of mine to eventually send me some of her pics. But here are a couple that I did take. Sorry that these pictures are not includng everyone who was there. I love you all, thanks for a fun shower.
In the next 2 pics...the diaper game is for you to try to find out what chocolate is melted inside the diaper. (Snickers, Twix, Kit Kat????) Jen Davis looks worried.
My friend Sherry, who is due in April. she looks great!
Posted by ChrissyK at 8:23 AM
Sunday, November 2, 2008
I love the silly hug that Masie and Caitlyn have, but I think I love even more the sweet precious hug of two sisters, Carson and Chloe. :)
Posted by ChrissyK at 6:57 PM