Monday, September 19, 2011

Napa - An Anniversary Celebration (Part 3)

Friday Morning, up early... or so it felt. We woke up at about 6 or 6:30am Napa time... cause really that was 8 or 8:30am our time. So we woke up and got ready for the day. Yes, we had to stop and get a picture. I love this one of me and my love.

Dinner the night before was so yummy, we decided to go back to The Lakehouse and have breakfast. Delicious again. The breakfast pictured below was really yummy, Huevos Rancheros. A crispy taco shell with a fried egg on top and covered with sauce, cheese, black beans and yummy goodness. I really enjoyed this breakfast and told Daniel that I would order it every time if the opportunity presented itself.
So our first day to go tour wine country, we settled for touring in... a Bentley. Ummm, wow. Those cars are REALLY nice and so roomy inside... I guess they really are worth their asking price. That is our driver, Scott aka Ricky Bobby... more on that later.
Just before getting into the car I saw this beautiful plant, so of course being a tourist, I had to take a picture of it.
Our first stop, Staglin Vineyards.
I was walking through their entryway and noticed hanging on a wall was a "Parent Trap" poster with signatures on it. I thought that was odd to notice hanging at a vineyard. I soon found out that The Parent Trap was filmed at this location.
The lady in purple is Sherry Staglin, the owner of the vineyard and we got to tour it with her for a little while.
Inside their wine cave.
A picture of Daniel and I ready for a wine tasting inside their Wine Cave. Notice me taking a picture with my cell...
This is the picture I was taking. :)
After the tasting, hosted by Kaia we were able to enter their "vault" of some special wines and of course I notice this huge pinecone they had in a decor basket. Kaia was sweet and told me I could have it, unfortunately I didn't see myself being able to bring it home safely, so I settled for a picture with it.

0 comments: