Monday, September 1, 2008

LABOR DAY

Laborious


I found this on another blog, and thought it was fun, play along if you want!

***It's generally pretty quiet around the blogosphere on holidays.  Just for fun, I thought I'd pull out this meme (Chain letter) I found.  In honor of Labor Day, it's about...well, labor.  And not the kind you get a day off for either.

How long was your labor?
I went in the day after Caitlyn was due and was induced.  We started at 7:00am and Caitlyn was born 8:54pm...so almost 14 hours.

How did you know you were in labor?
The contractions.  They got stronger and stronger once we broke my water.  NOT fun.

Where did you deliver?
Memorial Hermann -- The Woodlands

Drugs?
YES MA'AM...bring them on, I have nothing to prove.

I was TERRIFIED at first to get an epidural...have you seen the needle that they use?  I havent...but I have heard about it.  Daniel thinks it was pretty funny that I was scared before my epidural and then after my epidural...that I "Fell in love" with the anethesiologist.  (sp?)

C-section?
No, Caitlyn came naturally with a couple of pushes.

Who delivered?
  The nurses REALLY did do all the work.  My wonderful doctor basically came to catch Caitlyn.  She didnt realize how fast Caitlyn was going to arrive.  A couple of pushes really was all it took. 


1 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

So fun! Glad you played along! How are you feeling? Are you getting induced with this pregnancy? Hope your Labor Day was good!