Monday, September 1, 2008

SUSHI, SUSHI, SUSHI

Many years ago when Daniel and I were dating/engaged we went and ate sushi with some friends of ours.  They had a young son, about 1 1/2 years old and we were BLOWN away to see how much this kid had an appetite for sushi.  The parents were not shoving it down his throat or bribing him to eat all on his plate.  But he ate it like it was one of his favorites and would ask for more.  Daniel and I were amazed.  We told each other that one day we wanted our children to be like that...to not be picky and eat what they are served.  To have a taste for different dishes, to be well rounded, that was our goal.  So...many years later...we introduced Caitlyn, at about the same age to sushi...and she has loved it ever since.  She will even request it for lunch if we ask her were she would like to go.  :)  So here is a picture of Caitlyn eating Sashimi, raw tuna.  She LOVES it and will polish the plate clean.  It is very rare to get a quiet moment from Caitlyn, but when we eat sushi...no peep from her...cause she is busy using her chop sticks and eating her "SHUSHI."

4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, that's amazing. We will NEVER eat sushi. I think it sounds so gross. And we don't really try new things too often, even though we should. Maybe my girls can try it with you guys. Ha!

Sandra Kozlowski said...

eeeewwwwww!! Sushi!!! I need to try it sometime! I mean, I do NOT like fish, but maybe I would like it this way?? Is it "fishy"? Good for Caitlyn, though!

Jess Richey said...

So awesome! I couldn't believe it when I saw Caitlyn eating sushi when we all went out to eat! Good for her, I still can't do it!

Lacey said...

You guys are a great fam to go out to eat with. We love sushi and the kids have eaten it since they could eat. And chopsticks are the BEST!! UNI is my favorite restaurant to eat at. Have you guys been there?? If not, you've gotta go!